14 March 2011

Some little mice for Mary ......

I made this card for an old friend, Mary and just had to try out one of my new Lili of the Valley stamp from their new Spring Animals range.  I coloured the image sparingly with Copics and enhanced the 'icing sugar' with stardust stickles.  The stickles and cluny cotton lace in traditional fan pattern is from here and the flowers and metal corner are from Wild Orchid.  The leaves were punched with my Martha Stewart leaf punch and branch punch.

I also added open weave ribbon in fuschia plus a teapot charm held in place with a teardrop pin  (Mary loves her tea with 5 teaspoons of sugar in it, and yes, she still has her own teeth!!) all from Ribbon Girl then finished with some stick on pearls

The inside of the card was decorated and I used one of the lovely LOTV 'recipe' stamps for my message.  I will enter this into the Totally Gorjuss challenge calling for a card with lace and pearls and Wild Orchid Challenge - a project with punching or diecuts.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Mary. Loving the teapot charm what a fab addition to your card.

Mandy
x

Sasha said...

Gorgeous card, Mary. Love the composition and lovely embellishments x

Mau xx said...

Superb Card Mary, and I really have to have that stamp..well I did make celebration cakes for 25yrs so I guess its a must have for me with all that icing sugar...lol
I love your charm too, I must h*** oh! here I go again :)
Mau xx