4 May 2011

Honey Bee

Here is a round card using aTeddy Bo as a honey bee image coloured with copics.
I cut a white circle with a Nestabilitie die and placed it on another die cut circle of flowery october afternoon paper, all matted onto dark brown textured card.  The wings were sparkled with lots of Stardust stickles.

I went to town with the flowers and foliage and used my new sweetheart blossoms, some roses and some tiny rosebuds, all from Wild Orchid, plus some leaves I punched with two Martha Stewart punches.


I finished off the card with satin ribbon, very fine cream cluny lace, black narrow ric-rac, a black and white spotty button and a bumble bee charm, all tied together with natural button twine (all from here)
I will enter this into the Papertake Weekly challenge (anything goes, option of circles) and also Stamp Something, anything with wings plus edited to add Wild Orchid, white plus 2 colours plus roses (forgot to include the WOC challenge have done it today 8th May)

4 comments:

Meera said...

Sorry to hear about your BIL hun, my thoughts are with you and the family xxx

Beautiful card hun, thanks for sharing with us at Papertake Weekly.

x Meera x

* Üla * said...

This is a lovely bee card, Mary. I love your little bear and beautiful flowers. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly Challenge.

My condolences for your brother in law.
hugs Ula

The Crystal Elephant said...

Lovely card, I love the little bee charm you have added. xx

Lou Mac said...

This is gorgeous. I'm a sucker for shaped cards and I love the circle layers you've created with the nesties.

You've coloured the image perfectly - so cute and I LOVE all of the embellishments, especially the bunch of ribbon and lace.

Just gorgeous!! xo, Lou.