29 April 2011

Molly and Haggis ......

Our 2 year old Westie Haggis was a little star when we tied red, white and blue ribbons to his harness for his pre-wedding walk and he was as good as gold while we were glued to the television for the big day - wasn't her dress gorgeous? and they looked so happy ......

I had great fun inking up my new Ballerina Molly Molly Blooms stamp which I coloured with Copics - if you like Molly Blooms we've just added a whole lot more of them to the Ribbon Girl shop.   I added a wide celery-green silk ribbon to go with the green in the October Afternoon pink and green background paper, then a silver coloured charm (ballet shoes) tied on with candy pink Divine Twine - all from Ribbon Girl.  The sweetheart blossom and the ornate silver corner is from Wild Orchid and the swirl is cut with a Magnolia Doohickey die

I added stardust stickles to her dress and hair ribbon.

The inside of the card was decorated to compliment the front and I managed to squeeze just a little bit more stardust stickles on and another Magnolia doohickey swirl.  The happy birthday sentiment is from Lili of the Valley and the pink stick on gems are from http://www.3djean.co.uk/

23 April 2011

Big birthday wishes from Sailor Boy..............

So sorry my DT red/white/blue card is so late for the Ribbon Girl colour challenge No 7  but better late than never, so here is my offering with the new HAnglar sailor boy stamp which I have coloured with copics.  I followed the sketch from this weeks Just Magnolia and HAnglar & Stanglar challenge and will enter my card in their challenge

He is rather large to fit into a circle, so I had to cut him out and have put him on top of a circle cut from a map.  I was itching to add some flowers, but as it is a man card I thought it better to add a nice red heart pin which I made into a flag by stamping the sentiment, inking the edges and curling it a bit then glued it to the pin.

For a boy-type ribbon I used white saddlestitch ribbon with black stitching and added a bronze boat charm fixed to hang from a small red polka dot button tied to the ribbon with ivory button twine.

All of the papers I used were matted onto white before assembling my card. (sorry, other than October Afternoon and My Minds Eye I'm not sure which other books I took the papers from)  The white background for my map circle was made with a nestability die.  The saddlestitch, pin, charm, button twine and the polka dot button are all from http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/

ps did you know we have put some items in our 'SALE' section at the ribbon girl shop - if you need coloured stickles, wide ric rac, centre spot grosgrain, striped buttons, reversible spot ribbon and mini glossy accents - pop over now so you won't be disappointed!

11 April 2011

A Perfect Wedding Day .........

It's been rather busy recently preparing everything for a family wedding in just three weeks, due to health problems all of the arrangements were done at break-neck speed, and the bride and groom (who is very, very ill) thoroughly enjoyed their special day, the weather was fabulous, the ceremony was perfect and the receptions (day and evening) were very enjoyable.  The bride's neices made two excellent buffets, one for the day time and another for the evening and around 150 friends and relatives had a great day! 
Andrea has been very poorly with a chest infection (she's getting a bit better now, thanks ti penicillin), so I was allowed to gillotine, stick and tie paper, ribbons and embellishments!! Quite a few went into the bin, but practice makes perfect!!

I did a three-tier cake, but the bottom tier was actually polystyrene which I iced and decorated like the the other two.  All of the flowers were silk and the ribbon and silver and white cord were from http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/.  My sister (Jackie) made the top arrangement and we added in some pink crystal stalks and pearls.
The separators between tiers started life as empty plastic ribbon spools - I cut some big circles on the grand calibur using nestabilities and glued about 6 pieces of thick paper together and stuck top and bottom of the ribbon spool.  The silk flower heads were all cut off the stalks and I glued them in - I used 22mm guipure lace on the bottom separator and the entire cake had tiny hearts cut from icing sugar dotted around at random.
 The bride's bouquet was made by my sister (Jackie) and I was allowed to wire and gutta the individual flower heads and leaves - wow, my finger ends were so sore!!  We think the bouquet looked as good as fresh flowers and the bride loved it.
The handle of the bouquet and the large bow was made from pale pink faux silk again from the ribbon girl.
The bride's mother's corsage was made with the same flowers as the bride and the cake, and was trimmed with 15mm satin ribbon, as were all of the carnation buttonholes.
My hubby (who was also the Best Man) printed out the photographs on Sunday and mounted them on purple/pink/lavender cardstock and we put them in this plain album which we tied with 25mm satin ribbon, plum purple divine twine and an ornate heart charm - all from http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/

Well be taking it easy for the next week or so!