Lily the Christmas Angel (well, she has got a white Wild Orchid Crafts lily for a head-dress!)
Jackie and I thoroughly enjoyed making these little 'sister' angels
Using a tea plate we drew a circle on white card, cut it out, then cut it in half and formed a cone which we stapled together. We cut a doily in half and covered the cone.
We wondered whether to use feathers for the wings but thought they wouldn't last very long so decided to use white tulle instead
For the head we poked a WOC white lily flower through a polystyrene ball and added half of a long white pipe-cleaner for the arms. This was then poked through the top of the cone and taped inside to prevent it moving around.
For the dress, we gathered up half a metre of 110mm 'Rosamund' lace and stitched it to the neck of the angel. The bodice is guipure lace stitched in place at the back of the neck as are the sleeves. I used two layers of pale ivory rose organza at the bottom of the skirt and stuck it on with double sided tape - Jackie used a mixture of the organza rose ribbon and some more eyelash guipure lace
For the wings we made a large bow with white tulle and stitched it to the back of the bodice. We applied 5mm clear flat back crystal gems randomly to the wings and also to the lace skirt. The eyes were marked with a pen and we applied a little blusher using a cotton bud for cheeks