11 January 2012

Yes, it really is St Nicholas walking through the snow .......


I don't usually make Christmas cards in January, but this is a new year and I will be making a couple every month so I have more than enough when the big day arrives.  Here is another vintage style card using fabulous Pion papers, Rose Petal vintage style seam binding, dusky rose mini ric rac and 12mm cream picot cotton lace.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink stamped with cocoa brown ink onto kraft card.   (To everyone who knows Andrea, don't worry, I have bought her some more papers to make up for all the sheets I have 'borrowed' from the ones I bought her for Christmas :-)

The papers were stitched with the sewing machine and I added mulberry rosebuds from my stash plus some tea-dye distressed white pretty blossoms and greenery made with Magnolia doohickey dies.


I decorated a glasssine bag for the card, but would post it out in a sturdy mailing box.

 The Ribbon Girl is giving a prize on the ABC Christmas Challenge today so I was invited to be a Guest DT and this is my card.  If you enter every fortnightly challenge you will have 25 cards ready for next Christmas!!  I will be joining in for sure!  Why not pop over - there are some fab prizes to be won and wonderful Christmas cards from the Design Team and Guests
I have entered this card into the Christmas Card Challenges Blog - a card using lace

Ribbon, lace, blossom flowers, ric rac all from Ribbon Girl

9 comments:

Janette said...

WOW stunning, makes me want to get stared already...lol...this is so beautiful and I do love the bag to put it in.xx

Mandy said...

Such a beautiful card Mary....and I adore glassine bags, just perfect!

xx

thank you for the warning about my virgin mail...appears many virgin mail users have had the same problem...hoping it wont happen again, but if you do receive anymore nonsense mail from me please let me know.

pat said...

Beautiful card!

Lorraine A said...

Stunning card Mary !! I absolutely LOVE this ! the vintage look is fab and the papers and embellies are all perfect :-)
It's lovely to have you join in with the challenge and thank you for sponsoring us :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Brigitte said...

WOW, your card is fabulous!!! I love the ribbon and lace and also your fantastic choice of flowers!!! The image is amazing, I just love everything about it, lol!!! Thanks for joining us this week at CCC and we hope to see you again next week. Hugs, Brigitte

Mau xx said...

This is Gorgeous Mary, I love the Vintage image and the papers and ribbon are beautiful.
xxxxx

Alanna said...

This is so beautiful. What an amazing card. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

Marjorie said...

Absolutely beautiful Hun, love your flowers and papers..love that bow! I promised myself I would start early, but time is running away again!
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Candace said...

Wow! Your card is SO gorgeous!! I also love how you decorated the bag. What a beautiful alternative to a standard envelope! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Christmas Card Challenges!! Hugs!! :)