28 February 2012

A birthday card for my husband .............


My husband likes nothing better than watching a cricket match, listening to a match on the radio, sitting in the cricket ground watching his home team Durham, reading a Wisden or looking through his vast collection of sport autographs and so on - so this LOTV image of the little cricketer was perfect for his 64th birthday card! (my hubby used to have hair a bit like that colour many years ago - not now!!)

 It pains me not to use flowers and sparkly bits, but I made do with a red brad I found in the brad jar which I thought looked just a little bit like a cricket ball!  My only other embellishment was some natural/brown saddlestitch from here.  I used a LOTV round sentiment stamped in cocoa brown ink and cut with a scalloped nestie.  The numbers were die cut with a Papertrey Ink die.

My card is based on this weeks' challenge sketch over at Papertake Weekly, where there is a fab prize up for grabs - please try and make time to pop over and check out the fabulous work by the DT - you've got a whole week to make your project based on the sketch and enter the challenge.

4 comments:

Wandy said...

Mary how adorable is this card! i bet your hubby will love it! Thanks for sharing.
Xoxo your newest follower, Wandy

http://greenapplescrapper.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I dont know how I missed this one Mary, what a fab card I love the stitchingmakes the image pop.
It made me smile the bit about his hair.
Hugs Elaine

Marjan van der Wiel said...

It's a beautiful card. Thank you for joining us with the scrap cards challenge.
Hugs, Marjan

Mau xx said...

Hi Mary, Thanks for calling by xx I am a lot better thanks, I have had a kidney infection I think, but the Anti's are doing the trick :)
Love Hubby's card, your papers are lovely and LOTV always brings a smile they are so sweet xx My Hubby will be 70 this year...YIKES!!!!
Hugs Mau xx