22 May 2012

True colours ............ and a card for a sketch challenge


The new challenge over at Papertake Weekly is 'true colours' so I have used red, white and blue on this birthday card. The image is coloured with copics and I've popped a red pearl on her scarf - I didn't have a bright blue pin so I coloured one with the a Copics pen to match the colouring on my image! I added red satin ribbon, red and white ric rac, white pin, pearls, airmail twine and a Union Jack charm - all from here



now here is a card I made for the Just Magnolia & H & S challenge  which I am entering - I followed the sketch and used cream picot edge lace, pink velvet ribbon, natural button twine, self adhesive 5mm crystals, a sparkly flower button and to top it all, a gorgeous small square diamante ribbon slide - all from here



and here is a close up of the image - I'm practising with the new distress ink pens, but still used copics for the face and skin! I'm also trying different brushes and different types of watercolour paper.
See you soon, Mary G

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Two beautiful cards. Love the wee pearl on the scarf x

Marjorie said...

I love your little sailor suit..all in red, white and blue, and your little magnolia looks lovely, you've done really well with your distress inks..two really lovely cards hun..
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Mary :-) Both of them are fabulous ! I love the red/white and blue one especially :) fan bloomin tastic :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Leimalehdon Mari said...

Lovely cards! As a fan of Britain I love especially the first card and its colors.

Mina said...

two totally lush cards Mary, perfect colours for the images and of course amazing ribbons, I love the velvet
Mina xxx

Brodders said...

Two lovely cards Mary :) Especially love the red white and blue card and all the goodies on it x