20 March 2016

Decorated tissue box cover ....


 Sorry for the poor photos - I have great difficulty photographing boxes :-(
I decorated a tissue box cover which I have had for at least a year, but at last I have done smething with it!  This is my DT piece for the Ribbon Girl 'Use any image' challenge.    I used the four small flower images from a sheet of Pion Design Caroli Linnaei Paper matted on to diecut cream cardstock.  The box itself was covered with a sheet of cream and white spot paper and all edges were distressed with gathered twigs.

Around the bottom I adhered some 10mm ivory flat back flower trim, then some 7mm pale pink satin ribbon.  Next to each flower image I added a pale pink cosmos daisy, a pink lily flower and a 20mm pale pink rose.  

At the top of the box I adhered some 55mm 'Emma' ivory guipure lace topped with 10mm double row flat back pearl trim


I covered the top of the box with the pink section of the Caroli Linnaei paper then stuck on 4 ivory lace corners.  Around the aperture in the centre I glued more of the 10mm ivory flat back flower trim.  

I finished off the top with 7mm pale pink satin tied into small bows and topped with a 20mm pale pink open rose,  The pearl trims and lace were adhered with 6mm double sided sticky tape

I hope you will all have time to pop over to the blog to see the fabulous makes the Design Team and our special guest Kim Piggott have come up with - you can enter any type of project just so long as there is at least one image on it 

see you soon, Mary x

1 comment:

Rita said...

Your box is so pretty Mary, did you use a template to make it ? Off to see the blog and visit the shop too. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx