15 January 2017

Sympathy card .....


My card for The Ribbon Girl 'Use any Image' challenge.  I've made a sympathy card using an Inkylicious stamp***, stamped with black Stazon.  I coloured the background using ink dusters and brushed around the bottom of an egg cup to look like the sun - I used pink and orange ink to dust. First time I've tried the ink dusting brushes and was very impressed with the effects you can make.

After I had adhered the stamped image onto a black background, I stamped a LOTV sentiment directly onto the card, then stamped and embossed the tiny butterflies with gold sparkle.

I finished the card with a little piece of 7mm Black and 7mm Sable satin ribbon topped with a black butterfly (I cut a single butterfly from a butterfly edge die).  The butterfly body is made from Gold Liquid Pearls

I hope you will all join in with The Ribbon Girl 'Use any Image' challenge - it runs for two weeks and there are three lovely prizes to win.  You will find lots of inspiration from the talented ladies on The Ribbon Girl Design Team

*** I was lucky enough to win the lovely stamp and the butterfly edge die in a challenge at Card Addicts :-)

Thanks for looking, Mary xx

2 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Lovely sympathy card perfect for the occasion

Anne said...

This is beautiful Mary. Sympathy cards are so hard and this is simple and just perfect.

Anne x