22 June 2017

A cross-legged Tilda goose ..............

My first goose made using the Tilda goose pattern - I can remember Andrea making Tilda rabbits and rag dolls years ago and would you believe it, we gave all the pattern books to the local charity shop when we had a clear out :-(  I saw one of these in a shop dressed as a seagull!! it looked amazing,  and suddenly I just had to make a goose myself.  It took me ages to find the goose pattern in one of the older books which had been re-printed


 This is my first goose, and when I make another I'll make very sure to join the fabric correctly as it is slightly out of synch on this one.  I find Tilda instructions difficult to follow, as you have to look at such and such an animal for the legs, a different bird for the wings, and so on, but now I've figured out the goose I will try something else.    I used fat quarters for the hat (which is my favourite item) and the dungarees, legs, feet and beak.  I added 15mm Sable satin ribbon  for the bow around his neck and dark green polka dot buttons on his bib front.

thanks for looking
Mary G xx

2 comments:

Janette said...

Oh I just had to pop on and say how gorgeous, he is totally fabulous, would love to make one just like him, how cute are his cloths too....love it..xx

Pack said...

Can I ask which book was this pattern in? This is adorable.