29 September 2010

Mel & Matt Wedding Card


My neice Melanie is marrying Matt on 2nd October in Weston Super Mare and I made this card for them.  I chose red because Mel had red ribbon on the wedding invitation she sent us, the hearts were cut on the sizzix with a nestability die and I used plain red card and corrugated white card.


I punched a hole in the top of the smallest heart and threaded a diamante heart charm onto narrow red ribbon so it would hang at the front.  The papers used were plain red card and October Afternoon Seaside red stripe.  I typed a sentiment in red ink on white and mounted it on to a heart shaped red background then stuck it on the inside of the card.  

I enjoyed making the cards on this blog as my shoulder is much less paintful  now we're 4 months on from extensive shoulder surgery, but tomorrow I will be decorating a golden wedding cake (with the absolute minimum of work and absolutley no rolling out of marzipan or fondant icing which I am unable to do at the moment) I hope to show the photographs and list of things used in the next few days.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

WhooHoo this is fab! and very understated for you. I really like it :o)

I'm even more impressed that you put everything away before I got in from work!