23 September 2010

Santa and a box of holly

I didn't win the lotv thursday challenge but am not downhearted - I've made another couple of cards, this santa card is not suitable for this weeks challenge but I like it.

The stamped santa is from http://www.liliofthevalley.co.uk/ which I coloured with various copics pens.  I cut the circle using a nestability die and matted it onto another circle of paper cut from a serrated edge die, then glittered all of his hair and the fur on his hat and coat (I love anything that glitters - I put my thumb in it before it dried so the kitchen table cloth, the table, the dog, the kitchen etc are glittering). 

I stuck on some dark red satin ribbon and cotton lace using narrow double sided sticky tape, then attached some christmas rose flowers and holly leaves (cut from artificial silk flower sprays) and finished the card off with a couple of gold coloured bells.  I didn't realise that I should have used a lot more glue than a little old sticky foam pad, so everything dropped off when I proudly displayed it on the window ledge  lol :)  I then used a big blob of glue and re-stuck everything - and it's still stuck! All of the paper is from Cosmo Cricket and the ribbon is from http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/

No comments: