7 April 2013

Add flowers ......


The March Card Challenge on the Ribbon Girl blog is 'add flowers' right up my street! This is a belated birthday card for my cousin Adele and I was inspired by Ribbon Girl teamie Teresa who made the most beautiful sewing kit card - I couldn't wait to try and make one myself and this is my interpretation.  I added a touch of luxury with this gorgeous 32mm pure silk ribbon - it ties the most delicious bows!


Here is a close up of the flowers:
Trellis rose, cherry blossoms, 20mm open roses, hip rosebuds and some of the new pale pink beaded stamens.  The papers are Tilda by Pandura


Instead of filling my criss cross card with sewing things like Teresa,  I made a large ornate tag with lace and ric rac embellished with little butterflies from my new Martha Stewart punch - I can see this punch being used as often as the MS leaves punch!!  The sentiment is from Stempelglade and was one of the stamps Andrea bought me from Australia - and they are all gorgeous!!

Silk Ribbon,  'Elizabeth' Lace, WOC Roses, Cherry Blossoms, Hip Rosebuds, RGirl Beaded Stamens, Stickles, Liquid Pearls and Pearls are all from The Ribbon Girl

As usual, the inspiration from the Ribbon Girl DT is a must-see and there is a great prize of a £10 voucher generously provided by the lovely ladies at Lili of the Valley to spend in the LOTV online store - just in time too, they are launching new products on 8th April!! and a £10 voucher to spend in the Ribbon Girl online store



7 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh Mary this is gorgeous! What a beautiful creation. Love that fab big bow <3 Jen xxx

Purplecat 64 said...

Hi Mary,
Wow
What a simply delightful card,
hugs,
Heather & Bronwyn xx

Jane said...

I saw this on the challenge blog and just had to pop over and say how gorgeous it is. Really stunning work x

Teresa said...

It's absolutely stunning Mary, I love the gorgeous tag inside and the beautiful array of flowers...and that ribbon is just gorgeous, I love that ribbon and quite agree it makes stunning bows.
Teresa xx

Lin said...

Mary, I'm new to your blog, but just had to pop over from The Ribbon Girl blog to say how gorgeous this is! LOVE the gingham, the lace, the flowers, all faves of mine! Just too beautiful, well done!

vic said...

Mary this is so beautiful you have put so much thought into this, I love it! Gorgeous flowers too!

Have a nice weekend

Vic

Grenouille Greetings said...

I'm glad I didn't miss this, Mary. It's a beautiful cross over creation! Hugs, Lesley