14 May 2013

snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes

''Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things''


The theme at this weeks'  Papertake Weekly Challenge is 'The Sound of Music' so a song or your favourite things, mountains, goats, and so on.  Check out the great projects by the DT  - we hope you will be inspired!  I chose these words 'snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes'  from the song 'my favourite things' and made a winter card to which I'll add a sentiment later.   I used a LOTV pre-printed image to which I added Stardust Stickles and teamed it with LOTV/Nitwits Bonnets & Bowties paper, 25mm No 7 heliotrope satin ribbon  layered with 15mm white/silver snowflake grosgrain, topped with a 15mm sparkly acrylic button tied on with natural hemp twine**.


a close up of the diecut snowflake border and the 5mm flat pearl string - this is very useful and easy to stick down with tape or glue.


My flower arrangement incudes white stephanotis with diamante centre, lilac Kort & Godt rolled rose, Wild Orchid Crafts lilac small gardenia, cosmos and chrysanth, plus Ribbon Girl white starburst stamens and white/white beaded stamens with a tiny stalk of sparkly clear crystal hearts on silver stem.  I punched the leaves from a scrap of the backing paper but decided they looked better on the white reverse-side.

 I hope you can join us at Papertake Weekly - there are so many ways you can interpret this challenge! 

All ribbons, button, flowers, stamens, crystal stem, Stardust Stickles, flat bead string and hemp twine are from the Ribbon Girl 
I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

and ** and don't miss the giveaway on the Ribbon Girl Blog - you could win some of this gorgeous new hemp twine!

See you soon, Mary G





6 comments:

Hazel said...

This is utterly gorgeous - love everything about it - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 124 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for May - I'd love to see it there too. x

Hazel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Little K Smith said...

Soooooo beautiful! I love the pretty lilacs, a gorgeous LOTV image and the embellies are lush!
Kelly.x

Ann-Marie said...

This is gorgeous beautiful colours and I love the flower arrangement and pearl string. Take care, Ann-Marie xxx

shaz earl said...

Lovely card
Thank you so much for joining us at Sparkles Christmas
good luck in the draw
hugs Shaz x

Sandra H said...

Morning .....Oh wow your card is absolutely stunning l love your image and the colouring is stunning thank you for joining in our challenge at Sparkles Christmas Challenge "Favourite Festive Christmas Colours" good luck and hope to see you again next time DT Member Sandra H xx