18 September 2014

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas ...


The image is from LOTV and I coloured it with a Neutral Grey inktense pencil then used a tiny amount of water to blend.  The background is embossed  and layered onto silver mirror card


close up of the image


 I added some Silver Glacier Satin Ribbon, topped with a 23mm diamante snowflake embellishment and a bow made from silver twine


For my flower arrangement I used RG white beaded twirls, Kort & Godt white chrysanth, WOC white sweetheart blossoms and hip rosebuds, an ivory gardenia and a stem of RG white beaded stamens.

I'm entering this card into the Cute Card Thursday challenge


Ribbon, twine, diamante embellishment, flowers, twirls are all from

see you soon Mary x

10 comments:

Rita said...

Gorgeous card Mary. Love the floral corsage. Hugs Rita xxx

Ribbon Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacee said...

This is lush Mary, I love the white with the silver, gorgeous!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Such a gorgeous card. I love your colouring - I haven't been brave enough to try this technique yet!
Rebecca.

Brawny x said...

Fab card. Love all the gorgeous detail you've added. Fab x

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for September - hope to see you again soon x

Gail said...

This is amazing. I have only ONE time in my life done an image in grays rather than color and wasn't thrilled with it. I look at this card and feel like I'm back in the 1920's and this is an old photograph. It's colored perfectly to replicate photos from my Dad's era. Awesome! Hugs, Gail

Bettina L. said...

Absolutely a gorgeous christmas card. Love the details with the flowers, embossing and monochrome colouring. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at ABC Christmas Challenge xx

Suze said...

Love the little pop of colour on this card. Thanks for joining in the challenge at CHNC Extra for September

Carissa said...

Oh Wow! this card is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge.
Carissa:)