26 October 2018

Focus on paper ....


The challenge to the DT and Guests for this challenge was 'focus on paper' so ....

I decorated a plain papier mache box with 3 sheets of digital paper from the Polkadoodles Winnie Winterland collection. (Paper Heaven 4) and Paper Heaven 5. 
I used two sheets for the sides, edge of lid and top of box and with the third sheet  I made 3 flowers from the red/poinsettia sections of paper and some ivy and rose leaves from the green sections of paper

To augment the paper flowers I added some small burgundy medium rose buds, and some tiny pearl clusters on silver stems. To finish the box I added Donna ivory fine cotton lace, khaki sage  15mm satin ribbon, diamante double row round embellishment, pearls for the feet and edges of the lid etc. The centres of the flowers are 8mm sparkly f/b gems which I have coloured with a Copic pen



I hope you will join in with the Polkadoodles Craft Challenge and I'm looking forward to seeing what you make! 

thanks for looking,
see you soon
Mary G xx

8 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

Such a pretty box love the paper, colours and beautiful flower arrangement on this love and hugs Carole x

Suzi Mac said...

This is a gorgeous box Mary, love your paper choice and floral decoration.
Hugs
Suzi x

creatingandsharingit.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful box!, Xox

Gwyneth said...

Your box looks absolutely gorgeous.
GG

Gina's Cards said...

Your box is truly stunning Mary. The papers and details are absolutely beautiful.
Hugs
Gina xx

Ann-Marie said...

A stunning little box Mary and I adore your little flowers on top. Take care, Ann-Marie x

Crafting Belle said...

Such a beautifully decorated gift box. Hugs Lisa xxx

Anna said...

Beautiful box... love the papers!!!
Hugs
Anna