20 February 2011

have a wonderful day .......

I love this little hedgehog lying on a bed of flowers  ...... he looks as if he's just had a huge meal! I stamped him onto kraft card and coloured him with copics.  The image was mounted onto white then navy plain card, then I stuck it onto more plain kraft and adhered to a plain white card.   (I have to say that Andrea was most impressed at my restraint - I usually go for 'more is better' approach to cardmaking and I love adding as many embellishments as possible.

All it needed was a tiny piece of peacock blue ribbon pencil stripe ribbon and a small piece of natural button twine to finish, both from http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/

This is for my husbands umpteenth birthday on Tuesday and I am also entering it into the Penny Black Saturday Challenge

note:  considering the weather this morning is GREY, wet and miserable, I am amazed that the photo has turned out so well (taken in the back garden first thing this morning by Andrea still wearing her pj's)

2 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

fabulous card mary and I'm sure hubby will love it...I'm on my umpteenth birthday too......thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a fabulous card and love that sweet Hedgie.
luv
Debby