2 June 2011

Friends are like bras ...............

I was so tickled to find this saying on the internet 'friends are like bras - next to your heart and there for support' :)   This card is for two challenges, the PaperTake Weekly sketch and the Just Magnolia 'Friends' challenge.  edited at 23.23 tonight to say I dilly dallied around so much I have missed the deadline for Just Magnolia! no blue frog, collection closed  -  that'll teach me to get a wriggle on and get my card in on time :(

The papers are 'off-cuts' from Andreas digital papers from the Sweet Shoppe - she got them ready to start a new project and they were just lying on the desk and I thought she didn't want them - after all, a crafter would never pinch another crafters paper would she?  I coloured the image first, then looked for paper and they seemed to match so well I couldn't resist them.  I used a fine black pen to make the imitation stitching around the image.

The stamp is new from hAnglar and I coloured it with Copics - I looked at the examples in their shop for ideas for the colouring and ended up using pinks and greens.


The ribbon is Siam Pink seam binding from here and I added some green leaves from an ordinary leaf punch as my Martha Stewart leaves and branch punches are temporarily lost in a draw (that means I've tidied them away and can't remember where they went)  The flower is from Wild Orchid  and the glitzy tiny flowers are from my stash.  I made this card in two sessions over two days and have spent the rest of the time admiring it lol!  I don't get any quicker I'm afraid.

7 comments:

Ribbon Girl said...

This is so sweet that I have forgiven you for 'borrowing' my papers, Andi xx

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Mandy said...

Mary, your card is lovely, those papers are just perfect!! What a great sentiment too.

Keep trying with the ribbon tutorial, I got in a right muddle the first time I tried making one!!
x

Sasha said...

Love your card, Mary! The layout and papers are fab! And that sentiment is amusing...but true, I love it! xx

Debi said...

Your card is lovely! Thank you for playing along with the Papertake Weekly challenge

Mau xx said...

This is really the most delish card, I love those Papers....who did you say had LOANED you them....lol Love the Image too, Oh how I would love some hAnglar's but don't I need a bank loan for them :(
Beautiful Card Mary, love it xx Mau

Lou Mac said...

Ohhh this is gorgeous - all of the layers are just perfect and that sentiment is brilliant!!

I love your seam binding and the WOC flower just finishes it off!!

xo, Lou.