9 October 2011

Calendula - the flower of October .....

This weeks challenge over at Daring Cardmakers is flower of the month - Calendula and Cosmos - I decided to make a card based on calendular (pot marigold) and coloured up my image with Copics (not promarkers as previously written, I think I've been reading too many blogs this evening lol .......)
I added plenty of Stardust Stickles to the centre of the flower.

As this wasn't a 'less is more' type of card, I managed to squeeze on loads of bits, including a medium orange polka dot button, some Berisford orange delight satin ribbon in two widths, 5mm orange gingham ribbon, tiny orange ric rac, orange and white Divine bakers twine, cream guipure flower lace and a gorgeous bronze colour dragon fly! (all available from Ribbon Girl) and three self adhesive pearls from stash.

I've had a busy but enjoyable weekend card making and sewing - it's a while since I sewed as you will see when I put the pictures on! I'll be back tomorrow with my card for the LOTV challenge and a sneaky peak of one of my sewing projects.
Mary G x

2 comments:

purple_pea_fran said...

Gorgeous, Mary! Love the colours and embellies :) Thanks for joining us at The Daring Cardmakers this week!

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Lovely card, I love the orange colours - very autumnal. thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x