10 December 2011

A Finnish Star with Fairies and Flowers ......


For many months I have kept a link to Debbi's blog where she showed her readers how to make this Finnish star - well, inspired by this weeks LOTV challenge (pink, white and silver - my favourites!) I set to and created this 3-dimensional beauty! Bad light prevented perfect photos, but not bad considering we've had the lights on all morning it's so gloomy.


I used double sided pink patterned paper 'Rose Coloured Glasses' and added a LOTV diecut with 2 little fairies (I thought it was rather apt as the current LOTV challenge blog will close and a new LOTV challenge blog begins in the new year and will be called Lili's Little Fairies  (and can I just take this opportunity of wishing Jacqui and Bev the very best of luck with the new challenge).

Once I had made the star itself (the instructions were spot on Debbi, thank you) I added the LOTV image on a scalloped mat of pink card, then embellished with pink and white roses, pretty blossoms and leaves, cut white leaves with my Martha Stewart punch then added a ribbon bow made with our new striped organza white and silver ribbon.  I used stardust stickles on the white leaves and the fairies, then added some raindrop shaped sparkly gems on the points of the star.  I will be making more of these, they are so pretty.
Flowers, roses, rose-leaves and ribbon are all from here. Gems and stickles from stash.
(Please don't forget the Ribbon Girl Blog is having a sumptuous red ribbon giveaway on Sunday!)
see you soon, Mary G x

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh Mary, this is absolutely beautiful!

Mandy

xx

Liz McGuire, said...

Hiya, I followed Debbi's tut too, but your version is amazing. Love all the finishing touches - gorgeous,

Liz x

Wiccababe said...

Hi Mary,
wow, what a beauty - it looks so pretty in pink, a stunning version. And so glad you liked the tut, it's always great to see how other people can use the same instructions to make something look so different
Debz
xx

Anne said...

Georgous Mary, I'd like to have a go at this myself. Thanks for joining the challenge - good luck x