14 February 2012

Black and White and Red all over .....


I love this colour combination - it reminds me of that old joke 'what's black and white and read all over? ..... a newspaper!'

This is my card for this weeks Papertake Weekly challenge ' Black and White and Red all over' ....... the image was part of a vintage style newspaper background paper and I cut it out then mounted it on a black nestie shape.



I used 15mm red satin ribbon, black crazy mesh to add more detail, a diamante heart then I cut a white doohickey swirl but to be honest, it took longer to find the best place for the swirl than the rest of the card put together - finally I was happy with it looking like this.  The sentiment is computer generated and all paper pieces were stitched with black top stitching thread to add to the colour theme.

I hope you have time to pop over to Papertake Weekly to check out the awesome DT projects and we look forward to visiting your blogs to see what you come up with!

Satin ribbon, diamante, mesh, top stitch thread are all from here

See you soon, Mary G x

4 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Great vintage project!!
Happy Valentines day!

Neltine said...

Hi Mary,

Owww I love this Blog either then your shop. I like the way how you are playing with ribbon:)

Greetings,
Neltine

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, Wow this is stunning love your colours, amazing creation as always big hugs love Pops x x x

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary..I love your beautiful card!!Always a pleasure to catch up..Enjoy your weekend:) x