29 October 2013

Sketchy time at PTW ....


Sending best wishes to anyone affected by the dreadful storms of Monday - I sincerely hope you are all back to normal very soon.  

It's sketchy time over at Papertake Weekly and I (almost) followed sketch 84 - I actually missed off one layer :-(  but still enjoyed making this Christmas card using Graphics 45 'The 12 days of Christmas' paper - it's gorgeous, lovely rich colours, a shame to cut into it!  I used two resin doves, some scarlet berry 15mm satin ribbon and some 'Florence' ivory cotton lace.  I added sparkle with some Stardust stickles and made the poinsettia flowers with a new die I got from Joanna Sheen and popped in some white beaded stamens and some 5mm clear gems in the centres - still can't get to all our crafty bits and bobs!

I hope you will find time to pop over to PTW to see what my very talented teamies have come up with this week and we would love you to join in with the sketch challenge!

Ribbon, lace, stickles, gems, doves and beaded stamens all from The Ribbon Girl

see you soon
Mary x

3 comments:

Tanya said...

This is gorgeous Mary, the colours are so festive and that ribbon is lush :)

Tanya xx

Anne said...

Beautiful card, I just love the rich red, the doves and gorgeous papers. :)

Hugs, Anne.

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! Stunning card, love the flowers.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I used a brand new Magnolia stamp Cosy Christmas Walter from the Winter Wonderland collection that has just been released.
You can see here that he really is a Magnolia stamp.