18 March 2012

Boy card in aqua ....


I made a boy card for a change and instead of adding my usual flowers I used a tiny piece of turquoise twill stripe ribbon and some aqua crazy mesh onto which I tied a ships wheel charm with aqua divine bakers twine!


I coloured the image with Copics and added loads of Stardust Stickles to the fish to make them gleam!  I spent ages choosing background papers to tie in with my by/water/fishing theme, and I'm sorry I can't remember who made them.



There is a new challenge over at the Ribbon Girl blog today - make a project using aqua and white - you could win an Aqua Ribbon Kit and a £10 voucher from the very generous ladies at Lili of the Valley to spend in their online store - plus the top three chosen by the DT will be able to claim their 'I made top three at the Ribbon Girl' badge on their blog.  The calibre of work from the Ribbon Girls  Design Team is phenomenal and I hope you will have time to check out their cards and craft projects to inspire you for this challenge.





I hope you will have time to join in with our new challenge and visit the Ribbon Girl online store - we're always adding new products and are happy to send tiny samples if you need to match up a colour or lace pattern.

see you soon Mary G x

(It is Mothering Sunday here in the UK today - so can I wish you all a very happy Mothers Day - I hope you whave a lovely day - and if you receive a card which is half as nice as the one my lovely daughter Andrea made especially for me, then you'll be very lucky - thank you Andrea (who is away with friends on a crafting weekend)

If you're looking for my birthday lace giveaway, it's the next post down)

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Happy Mother's Day Mary - lovely card. :)xx