30 March 2012

Springtime means tulips to me ......

Ribbon Girl are sponsoring this weeks challenge over at Just Magnolia and hAnglar sTanglar with a £10 gift voucher - the theme is Spring and this is my guest DT card. 

I coloured the cute image in with copics.  Tulips are my favourite springtime flower and they are featured on the background paper - Springtime by Pion which I got from my friend Jean 


I added a doohickey Magnolia swirl, and a cuttlebug corner all cut from green card plus peach coloured pearls from stash, 32mm cream vintage style fine cluny lace and peach seam binding ribbon.  The lace, ribbon and stickles are from here


The mulberry flowers are tangerine pretty blossoms from here plus other flowers from WOC, and the leaves are punched with my very useful MS punch!  I added a touch of stardust stickles to the flowers for extra springtime sparkle!

Well the weather here in the UK has been more like Summer than Spring and I hope it lasts for a few more days - make the most of it
See you soon, Mary G x

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Beautiful spring card Mary. I'm not very good at gardening but did plant some tulip bulbs and they are now coming into flower...they're lovely!

Have a fab weekend.

xxxx

Unknown said...

Mary this is beautiful. I love the flowers and lace, and the backing paper with the tulips is fab . What a lovely card .
Hugs elaine

Astrid Maclean said...

Gorgeous, love how all the colours match together so well!

Mau xx said...

Hi Mary, Hope you have enjoyed our lovely sunny week, hasn't it been great :)
Love the card, the paper is gorgeous! and such lovely colours for the image and flowers. xx Hope you have a lovely weekend.
Hugs Mau xx

Teresa said...

I love tulips too Mary and Daffs, your card is stunning, I really love the colour of the ribbon & flowers, simply gorgeous.
Have a great weekend.
Teresa xx

Ella's Design said...

Love the fresh, Spring colours on this, Mary! Fab papers, sweet image and pretty embellishments. Lisa X