20 August 2013

Flower power ......


This week's challenge at Papertake Weekly is 'Say it with flowers' and I chose to make a criss cross Christmas card using my absolute favourite Pion papers which feature St Nicholas and poinsetta flowers, some 'Joanne' ivory vintage style lace and ivory faux silk ribbon.  I am always inspired by the criss-cross cards made by Teresa Allday and I was determined to make a really lovely card even if it took me all day :-)


For my flower arrangement I used WOC ivory wild rose and hip rosebuds, Kort & Godt cream chrysanths, ivory gypsophalia, medium red berries and some stems from a ivory pearl and crystal branch


For the card inside the pocket, .  I distressed the edges of all the papers and added walnut stain.  I added 75mm 'Abigail' flat lace, more of the 'Joanne' lace, a piece of natural colour faux hessian ribbon which I frayed, medium brown hemp twine, Kort & Godt cream chrysanths and a snowflake charm.

All of the lace, flowers, berries, ribbon, twine, charms and embellishments are from


Please pop over to PTW - you have a whole week to enter your card and you could win a lovely prize!
see you soon, Mary x

5 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Had to hop over after seeing this on PTW, so gorgeous. I love the style and the soft colours with the gorgeous embellies x

Mandy said...

Your cardis absolutely beautiful Mary

xx

Debs said...

This has the real WOW factor Mary - so many beautiful details and fabulous card shape.
Debs xx

Unknown said...

Love this adorable Christmas card. So beautiful.
Jasmina

Mau xx said...

This is beautiful! I love the Christmassy feel to it and such pretty lace and detail.
huge Hugs Mau xx