27 August 2013

Happy wedding anniversary ....


My DT card for this week's Papertake Weekly - sketch challenge - I have used sketch number 82.  I made a card for my nephew John and his lovely wife Joanne's 20th wedding anniversary which is in a few weeks time- wow, how time flies!! it doesn't seem two minutes since he was born and now he's in his 40's!   I used my last sheets of Pion papers Lily of the Valley so must get some more.  I used walnut ink to distress all edges.  The lace is 20mm ivory lace/pearl trim and the ribbon is 15mm pale lime Berisford - I think it goes so well with the paper

I added punched butterflies in the top right corner and a nice flag banner with hearts.


My flowers include Wild Orchid ivory gardenia, hip rosebud and 20mm open roses, plus ivory beaded gypsophalia and stems from an ivory and crystal branch


More flowers and a computer generated sentiment - I added some 8mm ivory silk self adhesive hearts to the corners


I even decorated the inside (and the back !!) of  this special card

I hope you will have time to check out the fabulous cards by the rest of the design team and please try to join in with your interpretation of sketch 82 or any of the other great sketches you can choose from and there is a lovely prize

I knew exactly how I wanted the card to look - most unusual for me as I am such a ditherer when it comes to choosing paper and trims - and I was delighted with the finished project!

Flowers, lace, ribbon, pearls are all from 



see you soon, Mary x




4 comments:

Mau xx said...

Hi Mary, Your card is stunning!! the colours and attention to detail are beautiful. I adore it!
Huge hugs Mau xx

NGCARDS said...

This is gorgeous Mary :) xxx

Debs said...

Oh Mary this is simply stunning. So many beautiful details - love it :o)
Debs xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Gorgeous Anniversary card, great idea. Love the soft colours and embellies and my fave banner die x