8 July 2016

70th birthday card .....



I used papers from Craft & You 'Vintage Time' 6x6 paper pad - love this pad, so many gorgeous designs to choose from!   I distressed the edges of the paper then inked them before matting onto pale pink card.  

The sentiment was computer generated to fit within the Scrapienic Park Avenue round frame which was also inked on the edges.  There is a piece from the Scrapienic Lace Doily Corner Set on the top right corner - great value as there are 6 pieces in each pack.


I added some beautiful 'Alma' 50mm ivory vintage style fine cotton lace topped with 12mm pale pink faux silk  -  the bow is made with the same ribbon in 38mm


My flower arrangement includes pink 35mm trellis rose, large pink two tone rosebud, white beaded stamens, 20mm pale pink open rose and some pink/white rosebuds.


The leaves are die cut from paper and the butterfly was punched - I inked the edges, used a wire stalk from the open rose for antenni and popped some White Opal Liquid Pearls on to make the body.

I gave all edges a bit of sparkle with Stardust Stickles and added some pearls to the bottom left corner

thanks for looking, see you soon
Mary x


2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful design, Mary! All your embellishments are very pretty, but I am especially drawn to your wide lace. Gorgeous! Hugs, de

Kat W said...

Mmmmm, you have combined all those gorgeous embellies into one beautiful shabby chic card and I love it!
I'm looking forward to playing with some of the chipboard pieces; they are really pretty :-)
Big hugs, Kat xx