5 March 2017

Birthday card for a special lady ....


Birthday card for a friend I worked with for many years - she will celebrate her 80th birthday the week after next - Mary N is exactly 12 years older than me and we share not only the same name but the same birthdate!   I used some of the new and gorgeous!! Maja Design 'Sofiero' 6x6 paper pad - the image is cut from one of the two sheets of images included in the pack.  I added some off white/ivory organza rose trim and 38mm pale pink faux silk for the bow.  I have adhered some 6mm white flatback pearl trim to the top of the card


I used 25mm, 20 and 10mm pale pink open roses and white miniature blossoms for my flower arrangement.  The leaves are diecut from vellum paper (the vellum was a gift from a lovely blog friend)  coloured with chalk inks, I also die cut some leaves from white paper and coloured in the same way.

I hope you will all join in with The Ribbon Girl Card Challenge over on the blog as I'm sure you will be inspired by the fabulous cards from the very talented DT and GDT ladies.  There are some lovely prizes to win

Id like to enter this card into:
http://inthepinkchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ (For a special lady)




2 comments:

Annette said...

Oooh Mary this is gorgeous. I love all the pink flowers and those papers are so pretty. I've never put a flower in the middle of my bow but it looks beautiful.
Stunning card.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Lili of the Valley,
Dies to Die For,
In The Pink Challenge
Squirrel's not-so-random Challenge
As You Like It Challenge.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Mary
Stunning card... Love the image... Really pretty
Hugs Sylvie xx