16 July 2017

Birthday card in denim ....


I've been so busy sewing lately, I havent made a card for a couple of weeks, but managed to make this one for my great-nephew's 14th birthday.  I used Maja Design 'Denim & Friends' 6x6 papers plus the 'Shades of Denim' monochrome 6x6 paper pack for the layers.  Having the exact co-ordinating colours to hand makes it so easy to layer up.

  The sentiment was computer generated and printed directly onto a sheet of Maja paper then cut into strips.  All edges were distressed and inked with blue chalk ink.   I added natural button twine, a wooden star button, blue/white 16mm saddlestitch ribbon and some platignum liquid pearls in the top left hand corner

There is a new 'Use any Image' challenge over on The Ribbon Girl blog and there are three wonderful prizes to win so I hope you will be inspired by the design team makes and come and join in.

Thanks for looking, see you soon
Mary G xx



No comments: