12 July 2017

Sydney the Seagull ....

I based my seagull on the Tilda goose pattern, but I drew the beak much longer, and painted it with a Copics pen No. YR24, it gave a good result as I didnt have any fabric paint.  When I stitched the feet I didnt put quite so much stuffing in, and also I stitched between the claws.    Same with the wings, less stuffing and two rows of stitching.  I used calico for the body and some nice linen fabric which I got from John Lewis Plc   My favourite piece of clothing is his had!!  I bought a pack of boy's socks, cut off a piece from the rib to the ankle, tied the top with some rats tail satin cord and snipped the gathered fabric to finish -I was very pleased with the result as I am not very good at knitting!

I added some red tea dyed cotton ribbon and a couple of red polka dot buttons to finish

thanks for looking, see you soon
Mary G xx

1 comment:

Janette said...

Oh wow Mary this is so fabulous, just love it, especially those long legs, so cute...it's all brilliant..x