14 July 2017

Florence the dainty little duck ..............


I'm very fond of ducks - I have china ducks in the house and metal ducks in the garden!  I was keen to stitch this Tilda duck but wanted her to be extra pretty.  I used a lovely fat quarter and some plain calico for the body and only lightly stuffed the wings .  I added some 'Florence' ivory cotton lace around her neck threaded through a square diamante buckle slide. I made the hat with some frilled ivory lace embellished with a peach cherry blossom flower and some pale peach miniature blossoms.  At her neck I added 15mm pale peach satin ribbon.

Florence with a china duck
'Florence' lace slotted through a square diamante buckle slide
25mm ivory frilled lace with peach cherry blossom and peach miniature blossoms plus a small piece of 3mm ivory satin ribbon

Thanks for looking, see you soon,
Mary G xx

1 comment:

Janette said...

Oh my word she is gorgeous and that pretty lace and buckle are perfect..just love it..x