23 September 2010

Jade Snowman Card


This is my entry for the lotv Thursday challenge number 66   a Christmas card in untraditional colours - and also for the pink elephant challenge - a card with aqua - I chose a card with a serrated edge.  The snowman, the backing paper and the shape are from The Clipart Fairy.  I put them all in photoshop and resized them, then made an extra snowman, cut it out and stuck it on the original snowman using foam pads.  I added as much glitter as I possibly could (I discovered that if you add too much the paper buckles !!!) then stuck on 4 greeny/blue shiny gems I pinched from my daughters stash.


I chose jade satin ribbon which I tied around the card, then made a bow to which I stuck a single christmas rose (from an artificial flower spray) and added a couple of tear-drop pins (all from ribbon girl)  In photoshop I sampled the colour of the background paper and then used it when I typed the greeting, which was printed, glittered and tucked in under the bow.  I am really pleased with the card, it turned out just as I had hoped it would and it only took me about an hour and a half to finish  so I'm getting faster - and another hour cleaning up the kitchen !!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

What a lovely card :) I love all of the sparkle!! Thanks for joining in with the Pink Elephant challenge

Jane said...

Now this is gorgeous!xxx