27 November 2012

Please Father Christmas ........

 
 
First of all I just want to say that I'm thinking of everyone who has suffered flooding, discomfort and travel problems during the dreadful weather we're having in the UK this week.
 
This weeks challenge at Papertake Weekly is a sketch - this is my DT card and I tipped the sketch on it's side.  The background paper and the image is from Pion - the little girl looks as if she is praying for a nice gift or Father Christmas is telling her off and she's saying she's very sorry, I can't make my mind up which it is lol
I cut 3 separate frames with nesties which were distressed with tea dye.  Behind the frames you can just see some faux diamante trim - this was a 6-row piece which I cut into single rows.
 
 
 
 I added some gorgeous new box pleated satin ribbon - this one is ivory - plus some 9mm red velvet ribbon topped by a flower shaped sparkly button tied with silver metallic twine.  I used 6mm and 3mm double sided sticky tape to adhere the ribbons and the faux diamante mesh.
 
Please pop over to PTW to see the lovely examples by the Design Team - you're sure to be inspired to make a card yourself - you have a whole week to get your project in and you could win a nice prize!
 
Ribbons, button, twine, diamante, pearls, sticky tape are all from The Ribbon Girl online store
and only a month to go until Christmas woohoo!!
See you soon, Mary G x
 

4 comments:

Astrid said...

Mary .... your card is absolutely stunning, lovely image and beautiful colours !!

hugs Astrid

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Mary :-) I love the vintage look of this and all the details are so pretty ! I love the box pleat ribbon and velvet ! beautiful ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Your box pleated ribbon together with the velvet ribbon and bow and your understated bling are so perfect for this prettily framed vintage image, Mary. Hugs, Lesley

Brodders said...

Lovely elegant card Mary . Hope you are well and not too busy :) - Jane x