2 June 2013

June card challenge is add a die cut .......





Today sees the start of the Ribbon Girl June Card Challenge 'add a die cut' - you could win some great prizes so please pop over and you'll be very impressed with the fabulous cards made by my mega talented teamies.  For my DT card I used a die to cut the card and the various layers, then cut a LOTV pre-printed image for the centre.  Backing paper is from a LOTV pad and all edges were inked with walnut ink.  The butterfly was cut with my Martha Srewart punch and I added a stalk off the daisy to make the antennae, a couple of 5mm pink pearls and some stickles


I was getting behind today so decided to use one of the LOTV images which are great when you are short on time!  I used 40mm dusky pink flat lace tied into a bow then added a white daisy with the centre removed and replaced with a pink crystal gem diamante embellishment. I used a small piece from a clear crystal heart stem, some 5mm pink pearls and glittered the centre of the flowers on the image with stardust stickles.  I used a Tim Holtz die to cut the stand which is holding up the card - I find this a very useful tool!

Lace, flower, diamante, pearls, stickles are all from 


Mary x

4 comments:

Sue said...

Stunning card. Such a beautiful image and I love the pretty lace and flower arrangement
Sue xx

Inky Angel said...

Mary, this is a beautiful card. Love how you used the lace to tie the bow, simply gorgeous. And the pink crystal gem in the center of the daisy really complements the focal image. The butterfly in the opposite corner gives a final touch and balances the LO perfectly.
Hugs,
Katie

Teresa said...

Hello Mary,
This is gorgeous, I love that image and the lace bow looks beautiful
Hope you are having a great Sunday.
Hugs Teresa xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Mary.Colours are perfect fro a summer card.