2 September 2014

Christmas treat container ......



before


after

At Papertake Weekly  it's anything goes with the option that you could up-cycle or recycle something.  For my Christmas treat container, I took a plain can with a handle and decorated with LOTV 'Krafty Christmas' papers and an image from Set 29 of the vintage artpad.  I used 3mm double sided tape to adhere the paper to the can

I added 'Leah' white polyester flat lace, honey gold 15mm satin ribbon, 6mm ivory flat back pearl trim, a 22mm diamante snowflake embellishment on a wooden tag tied on with gold twine and some holly berry red dewdrops on my punched out holly leaves.

Ribbon, lace, pearl string, dewdrops, gold twine, wooden tag and diamante embellishment all from

I hope you will find time to join in with this challenge - I'm sure you'll have great fun changing the appearance of something that's been lying around the house for ages!
Mary x


3 comments:

Debs said...

So gorgeous Mary - love it!
Debs xx

Inky Angel said...

What an awesome transformation Mary; it is simply gorgeous. You have dressed it up with the perfect embellishments. Love that diamanté snowflake.
Have a lovely week!
Hugs, Katie

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

I love this, so beautifully transformed - great inspiration!
Rebecca.