26 September 2014

Through the arched window ....



My first attempt at making a window card so you can see the image through the panes of glass (acetate sheet) - will keep trying!!   I somehow thought the die would cut the window shape directly from the card blank!! I am such a plonker.  When I discovered it didn't, I had to cut a hole in the card blank then position the die cut window and acetate over it - I'll keep practising :-)

 I used an image from the LOTV XL artpad Christmas Eve.  I added some punched out holly leaves, a snippet of 5mm red gingham, a piece of 7mm red satin, a tiny holly leaf charm tied on with red button twine


ribbon, twine and charm from The Ribbon Girl

see you soon
Mary x

5 comments:

Rita said...

Love your card Mary. I have a Window die too and thought it would cut directly on to the card. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx





Julie Brooks said...

I love this and may have to invest in that die! x

Dortesjs said...

awsome love love

Brawny x said...

Well it turned out fab. Looks great Mary x

Gail said...

Well, hells bells...I would have thought you could put the diecut on the card cover and have it cut out the window, too. Now I'll have to experiment with the window diecut I have, too, cause I'm sitting here with furrowed brows thinking: hmm....how will I get the hold in the card base to look nice from the inside? And I just thought of this: just put the inside image up against the acetate that will be inside the front panel and then I can always put another pretty piece of paper on both sides of the inside of the card. Oh dear...construction dilemmas. I love this card and I have some pre-printed images that I've been at a loss to use since I love to color my images. But this is a great idea to use them like this. Now, I have to save this post so I remember what to do because the memory is the first thing to go. Hugs, Gail