18 March 2016

A night at the ballet ....


I had a lovely time at the ballet yesterday evening watching 'Romeo and Juliet', the costumes were amazing and the dancing and music was brilliant!  I made this 'ballet inspired' card to thank my lovely friend who asked me to go with her, we had a really nice time :-)    I used Pion papers  'Pink Fabric' from the Paris Flea Market collection - so pretty, didn't want to cut into it!!   I used three of the 4 quarters of the 12x12, one for each layer then cut out the tiny buterflies and also the little vintage postage just peeping through beneath my die cut butterfly.  The pale pink lace placed beneath the image is 'Prudence' it's so pretty!



Here is a close up of my Magnolia image, I stamped onto watercolour paper then used distress markers to colour her  As you will probably notice I put the little white spots on her cheeks after I had taken my main photo!



I used pale pink Twinkle ribbon topped with a 30mm pale pink wild rose


My flower arrangement includes a pale pink Ballerina Blossom, pink/pink two tone beaded berries, another pale pink rose and a pink cherry blossom flower - I also popped in a piece of Prudence lace 


The lace, flowers, paper, and ribbon are all from www.ribbongirl.co.uk

see you soon   Mary x

2 comments:

Kim said...

such a gorgeous girly card, love the soft pinks
Kim x

cats whiskers said...

This is my favourite colour combo and of course how can I resist a delightful Tilda, beautiful card Mary
Hugs Jacqui xxx