30 October 2011

Sparkly Pink Fairy Christmas Card ....


I followed Bev's sketch at this weeks LOTV challenge to make this very pink and sparkly Christmas card!
The image was coloured using Copics and liberally glittered with Stardust Stickles - the white circle and pink background were cut with a nestabilities die.

I used white 18mm zig zag cotton lace and pink ruffle edge sheer ribbon to tie around the card and I hung a snowflake charm behind the bow with a piece of candy pink divine twine.  The flowers used were 30mm pink/white Mulberry rose, pink/whiter pretty blossoms and pink/white semi open rosebuds.  The foliage was cut from green card with Martha Stewart punches.  I added the sentiment matted onto pink card with plenty of Stardust Stickles and lastly added a couple of silver filigree corners.

I made a box from white card and added co-ordinating papers to the top and sides plus more of the pink ruffle edge sheer ribbon.

I was really pleased with how this card turned out - I even decorated the inside of the card and stamped the image again but didnt colour it in this time and I was especially pleased that my box-making skills are improving!  Less 'oops and oh no's and trips to the recycling bin, and more 'oohs and aahs'
I will now enter this into the LOTV challenge, and also Totally Papercrafts, see you soon
Flowers, lace and ribbon are all from http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/
Sentiment from Pink Petticoat
Silver corners from WOC

 Mary G x

6 comments:

Shan said...

Your card is just Gorgeous! I love the details you put into it. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs
Shannin

Sasha said...

Such a very pretty card, Mary. Love the image and sweet flower spray:)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, love the flowers
Lindsay xx

Vicky said...

Oh wow Mary, it's so pretty and detailed, love it :)x

Mau xx said...

Hi Mary, trying to catch up, sorry for being behind with visits :0
Love this pretty in pink card, Love the detail you put into your creations. xx Hugs Mau xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Mary what a gorgeous creation. I love your cards and your blog is fabulous. Have become a follower
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com