17 October 2016

Vintage card with a touch of sparkle ...



A Christmas card with lots of seasonal embellishments.

I scored an A4 piece of 400gm weight white card in the centre,  folded it, then trimmed the card to 14.5cm to 14.5cm

I cut a piece of green card 14cm x 14cm and a piece of  6x6 designer paper trimmed to 13.5cm x 13.5cm making sure I didnt take too much of the images at each edge (this one is from the Maja Design  'I Wish' 6x6 pack)


The image in the centre of the card was from the same paper pack.  I cut it out and cut a toning piece from the paper pack so as to leave a small border around the image.

I took each piece of paper/card except the base white card, and distressed it using a Tim Holtz distress tool - saves wear and tear on my thumb nail :-)  then inked all the edges using  Tim Holtz Gathered Twigs distress inks.

I glued the design paper on to the green card then added a piece of lace, leaving enough to adhere to the back of the green card.  I used a tape glue gun.

I glued the central image to the toning mount then adhered over the lace using little sticky pads.  

For my flower arrangements, I always play around with them for ages to make sure I'm happy before I start gluing them on.  I use a hot glue gun for flowers etc.  I always cut off the wire stalks from behind the flowers/berries/leaves using an old pair of scissors


I made a bow with the lace and adhered it on top of some mulberry paper holly leaves then added flowers and a little cone.     At the top left of the image I added mulberry holly leaves and die cut paper leaves, frosted and oval seasonal berries, a rosebud, 20mm and 30mm roses and a pine cone


At the top right of the image I added a chipboard 'Merry Christmas'


When everything was adhered to the card I carefully went over the brown distressed edges with Stickles to give a nice sparkle

Paper, flowers, leaves, trim, embellishments all from The Ribbon Girl

thanks for looking
Mary x


No comments: