15 July 2012

Blue, aqua and terracotta ..... sounds like a summer holiday ...


This inspirational photo reminds me of summer holidays in Italy .... oh well, we can but dream .... it's the theme for the July Colour Challenge No 21 over at the Ribbon Girls blog -

BLUE/AQUA/TERRACOTTA

There are two prizes up for grabs, a £10 voucher for the Lili of the Valley online store generously given by Lisa and Laila, and an Aqua Mini Ribbon Kit from the Ribbon Girl.  







I chose Tilda to colour with  distress markers and added blue pleated organza ribbon topped with aqua 25mm satin; a small plain pumpkin colour button and 5mm self adhesive pearls


My flower spray consists of a white mulberry daisy, white carnation, three blue pretty blossoms and one white satin daisy with a diamante centre.  You can just see an aqua pin at the back of the flowers.  I made greenery with my MS leaf and frond punch then cut a Magnolia leaf swirl and the fancy rectangle on the Sizzix and lastly added loads of Stardust Stickles - I do like a bit of sparkle!
Ribbon, pearls, flowers, Stickles are all available from here

and by the way, have you seen the gorgeous new sparkly things in the store? I love them, and to celebrate having a new facebook page, we've got not one but two sparkly give aways so don't miss them!! Pop over to the Ribbon Girl blog for info
See you soon, Mary G x



5 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous....love the image and lovely colours.xxx

Kim said...

wow gorgeous card - love those flowers too! Kim x

Teresa said...

Simply beautiful card Mary, I love all your flowers and I agree about the colour scheme it took me back to my holiday in Greece, oh happy days!
Have a lovely Sunday and thanks for having me as GDT.
Hugs Teresa xx

Mandy said...

Such a beautiful card Mary, and the colours look fabulous together.

xx

Inkypinkydelights said...

Oh Mary how did I miss this one! What a beautiful card! I love those flowers and well it goes without saying I love the Tilda too! Judy x