24 February 2013

Anything goes at the Ribbon Girl Magnolia Only challenge ....


I'm preparing my blog post for Sunday a little early as we will be out celebrating again tonight and may not have time to do it on the morning of 24th  - it is my dear husband's 65th birthday!! and this is the third day in a row that we have 'celebrated' lol  The years have flown so quickly!! All papers are from Lili of the Valley and the flowers and pearl branches are Ribbon Girl and Wild Orchid and all from here as is the lace, ribbon and stickles


The February 'Magnolia Only' challenge on The Ribbon Girl blog is 'anything goes' - there is a £10 voucher to spend in the Ribbon Girl store plus a Magnolia Stamp from Magnolia in Sweden!  

The DT projects are fantastic so please pop over and be inspired! 


A close up of the flowers - I used the new burgundy organza and diamante flower plus some stems from the white pearl and crystal branch - new in to the Ribbon Girl store.  In case you thought my colouring had improved, I wanted to tell you that the Magnolia image was coloured in by my daughter Andrea - thanks Andrea!


I love this new vintage style lace - this one is 'Isabelle' in white and although the 'happy birthday' was a bit fiddly to make (well not a bit fiddly, extremely fiddly if you are as ham-fisted as I am, it took me ages, first to stamp, then to cut out, then to distress with ink, then I lost a letter in the scraps on my cuttting mat! then to stick them on and finally to add the stickles lol, longer that it took to make the whole card !! 

See you soon, Mary x

5 comments:

Christine L said...

Your card is so beautiful Mary... and the image soooo gorgeous!

Hugs
Christine x

Mandy said...

such a beautiful card Mary
xx

Inky Angel said...

Gorgeous card Mary. Love the purple color theme and the layout. All your embellies are so beautiful and perfectly arranged. Have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Katie

Teresa said...

Its superb Mary, really pretty.
Happy Birthday to your husband.
Teresa xx

Inkypinkydelights said...

This is so pretty Mary. Thanks for your kind words on my Blog today. Judy x