16 September 2017

Clementine the rabbit ....


Clementine the rabbit measured approx 50cms tall and is made from a pale cream coloured calico .  Her dress is made from one fat quarter of patterned cotton, trimmed with 17mm ivory cream 'Astrid' cotton vintage style lace, with a fully lined bodice and a Peach seam binding sash around her waist. 

Her eyes, nose and mouth are embroidered with 3 strands of DMC embroidery floss.  I made a flower from peach and wavecrest green seam binding and stitched it just under her ear

Her Mary Jane type shoes are made from plain off white fleece fabric, blanket stitched with top stitch thread and fastened with more peach seam binding tied in a bow and finished with a small pearl button 
The rabbit is based on the design of the popular Maileg rabbits which are widely available. 
Now I have to get on with sewing the seagull I promised I'd make my daughter - I keep getting distracted onto other projects :-) 

Thanks for looking, Mary x


3 comments:

Rita said...

Delightful Mary. Love sweet Clementine. Hugs Rita xxxx

Janette said...

So sweet and pretty and I love her little shoes ....simply gorgeous...xx

Lynne said...

I love her, she's so sweet! x