21 September 2017

Say hello to Seymour the Seagull .............


Andrea liked my original Seagull so much (see below) she asked me to make one so it can sit on her shelf at work and remind her of her holidays!  Seymour is based on the Tilda goose pattern, I ommitted the web feet and added (bought) shoes, aren't they cute?  I adjusted his goose beak to be more seagull-like, and it was coloured with a Copic pen colour YR24


His hat is made from a child sock (I cut across just up from the heel and tied the top with some white embroidery thread.    His dungarees are made from a linen look fabric (John Lewis) and I used the reverse side of a couple of small polka dot buttons to sew onto his bib front.  His neckerchief is a piece of red 38mm faux silk ribbon
 

A close up of his legs - striped fabric from a Fat Quarter Bundle from John Lewis, the little boots were from someone on Ebay, I love them!!

This is the original Seagull I made with webbed feet

Thanks for looking, see you soon,
Mary xx

No comments: