3 August 2014

Anything but a square ....


Anything but a square - that's the challenge at this weeks Ribbon Girl August Card Challenge - I made a round card with a large nestie and tried out my new Inktense pencils - I need lots of practice but I really liked using them.  I am so grateful to Becky Hetherington for showing me how she paints with them - she also has a couple of tutorials on her blog - very useful - thanks Becky!

I added 25mm faux hessian ribbon, 7mm cream satin, 30mm white zig zag cotton lace.  My flowers are 45mm red/pink roses, teracotta rose buds, mocha beaded stamens, winter cones, acorn cao and ivory cherry blossoms.  I added some dots around the background paper using white opal liquid pearls.

I hope you will be able to join us for the challenge and please don't miss the design team's fabulous creations!
anything but a square - look forward to seeing yours!

flowers, ribbons, lace and embellishments areall from The Ribbon Girl - by the way, we're celebrating our 4th birthday and we have a lovely give away for one luck winner - pop over to our facebook page for more information

Mary x

No comments: