15 August 2014

Vintage tissue box .....


I really enjoyed decorating a cardboard tissue box cover - I painted the box with white acrylic paint then used some lovely 'Fairytale of Spring' Pion papers which I had been saving for a special project.  It was a bit tricky making a neat edge around the central aperture but the lace frame fitted it very well.


I distressed all the edges with walnut ink then added an ivory guipure lace square to the top - enhanced with an ivory guipure lace butterfly.


I used 6mm ivory flat back pearl trim, Teresa ivory vintage style lace and 7mm cream satin ribbon around the edges of the lid.  I then added an ivory cherry blossom, 20mm and 10mm cream open roses and an ivory Kort & Godt rolled paper rose

At the bottom of the box I used 32mm ivory vintage style 'Anne' lace, more pearl trim and satin ribbon.

On the front side of the box I made a flower arrangement with flowers to co-ordinate with those on the top corner of the lid.

The feet were made by sticking on 14mm ivory flat back pearls

Mary x





1 comment:

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Wow, this is beautiful! A really gorgeous project - the embellishments look so elegant!
Rebecca.