25 August 2015

Holly and Robins ......


Love the new Pion designs 'Christmas in Norway' and especially these cute little robin redbreasts!!  This is my card for this weeks Papertake Weekly which is a sketchy free for all (use this weeks sketch 104 or choose one from the challenge blog) or any of the options, eg, colour, product, technique.  My card is based on sketch 104, also I made it look vintage and distressed.

I added 15mm and 25mm No 80 khaki (sage green) satin ribbon, a wooden vintage style clock button, brown 30mm wild rose, red apple, mocha beaded stamen, Kort and Godt ivory beaded berries, tiny red berries, a very cute tiny little bronze colour pine cone charm (bottom right hand corner, just peeping out, also I tied the button on with some gold twine.  I also added ivory s/a pearls 3 - 6mm and the lace is 32mm Josephine vintage style 32mm wide fine cotton and I inked all my distressed edges with Stardust stickles.  all from www.ribbongirl.co.uk

I hope you will be inspired by my team mates projects and we look forward to seeing yours, and there is a lovely prize from Simon Says Stamp.  

see you soon, Mary xx


3 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Beautiful traditional image but love the vintage look, fabulous x

Debs said...

Stunning card Mary - beautiful detailing.
Debs xx

Little K Smith said...

A beautiful vintage Christmas card :)
Kelly.x