16 August 2015

Vintage style wedding card



It's the Ribbon Girl Colour Challenge - my favourite challenge and it's PINK my favourite colour. I made a card for my son and his lovely new wife Claire.   I tried to add elements that I had used when I decorated their wedding cake (lace, bead trim, pink faux silk ribbon)  I used Pion 'my precious daughter' papers. I altered a photo in photoshop and made it a sepia colour then made it the right size to fit within an arch top resin frame from the Eiffel resin set, which I distressed with 'Gathered Twigs' ink.  The die cut up the right side is my new Tonic die, briar with butterfly, looks really nice in real life



 50mm Ophelia embroidered tulle lace, 4mm ivory flat back pearl trim, 12mm pale pink faux silk ribbon, ivory lace leaves, ivory lace corner, bark heart, 3mm pink s/a pearls, pink heart and ivory teardrop pins, 30mm pink rose, 20mm pale pink open rose, pale pink small rosebuds and green rose leaves


The distressed resin frame is from the Eiffel set of resin frames

I also distressed the flowers with the gathered twigs ink to try and make the card look vintage as the whole wedding had a vintage theme to it

I hope you will be able to join in with the challenge, there is some lovely work by our design team to inspire you and a lovely prize from Ribbon Girl and Marianne Designs.

see you soon, Mary xx



No comments: