31 October 2010

Snowman Easle Card with Matching Box

I made this sparkling, glittery Christmas card for my sister (who loves bling as much as I do) and also for the Charisma Cardz Matchmaster challenge - entrants have to enter two items specifically to go together - I chose to make a matching box.  Sounds easy doesn't it, oh I'll just knock up a matching box - hah!




I had no problem making the box base, but after three attempts at making a lid which had to be just slightly bigger, I couldn't figure out how I kept making a rectangle rather than a square .... I got into such a pickle my craft knife was scoring my metal ruler rather than the white card!! But, quite a while later, I saw what I was doing wrong - I was forgetting to trim the edge off my card, but eventually managed a beautiful box! and feel confident that I could now turn out a box with no problems at all!

I chose a digi kit by Mary Fran for the papers and snowman and used white card for matting, oodles of stickles stardust glitter glue, gorgeous spray of crystal flowers and some snowflakes which I cut with a nestabilities die then glittered and added crystal diamond centres from stash.  The beautiful ribbon is 25mm wide fuschia from Ribbon Girl

We've had a very busy week and the other task Andrea and I accomplished yesterday was finishing off making the raspberry jam and marmalade which is being sold at school for the Children in Need - the kids will stick on the Pudsey Bear labels and lid labels at school

4 comments:

Brodders said...

Mary you amaze me how you find the time to make such wonderful creations, jam and also run a successful ribbon store.
Ps, can I have some of your energy please xx

Anonymous said...

Ohhh love hte card and box! but that Jam and marmalade looks AWesome! YUM! Samantha :0)

Gem said...

this is such a beautiful matching set! Thanks for joining in this week at Charisma! Gemma :)

GiuliaG. said...

Wow, very creative. I love your project. Thanks for joining us at Charisma.