21 November 2010

White and Cream Magnolia Card

I stamped the Magnolia image onto watercolour paper then painted with with distress ink, first time I've tried this technique and was really pleased with the result - was just like watercolour painting.  I cut the oval with a nestie then made a white watercolour scalloped background mount and painted the edge with the same distress ink. 

The background paper is from a Making Memories pack and I added white cotton lace and cut some swirls on the sizzix to which I added Stardust Stickles.  The flowers, which I coloured slightly with watered down distress ink are from Wild Orchid.  I added a couple of coppery/gold pins and a beautiful bowl made from Champagne Silky Crush ribbon, then added stickles to the stamped image.  The final touch was three adhesive pearls - I was so pleased with the end result and will be colouring more stamped images with the Tim Holtz Distress Inks.   Lace, Ribbon, Pins, Stickles all from here.  I'm entering this card into the Magnolia Week 83 challenge White plus One

1 comment:

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so sweet and gorgeous too.
luv
Debby